So, you’ve been a triathlete for a while. Or maybe you’re brand new to the sport. Chances are, if you’re reading this blog, you’ve heard of, visited, or maybe participated on some of the popular tri-related websites. The two “biggies” for folks in the US are Slowtwitch and Beginner Triathlete. Of course, there are others out there, too. I’m sure that there are others worldwide.
These sites are often very informative, giving tips for training, equipment, or race locations. They also present an opportunity for bragging about personal accomplishments, ranting about perceived (or real) issues with races or products, and a unique forum for equipment vendors and race directors to interact directly with their customers.
As with many things on the internet, these sites also offer up a bevy of humor and other off-color topics. You’ll find threads about how to deal with big boobs while running, how much leg a guy should shave, how much triathlon training impacts our marriages, how to pick up and date other triathletes, and many, many more.
But what you won’t find (but should) are discussion topics like these:
- GUYS ONLY: I’ve got lots of “junk”. How to keep that under control while running
- Normal things that I’ve seen on a run/bike
- What do I have to do if I need to poop in the middle of a race?
- Belly hair – if I shave it will I be more aerodynamic?
- Triathlon lube – safe for internal use?
- 700 or 701, whatever it takes – a primer on wheel diameter
- Body fairings – critical advancements in how to optimize personal aerodynamics
- Is dog paddling my IM swim OK?
- My nose always runs when I’m cycling when it’s cold. Why?
- The runner hat versus visor conundrum
- Yes! I aged up!
- Beer mile strategies – how to not barf
- Traveling to a race – tips for packing your clothes
- Races in Florida – drafting is legal there, right?
- I killed a squirrel today on my bike ride!
- Flying mounts (or how not to rack yourself)
- Guess the number of times I’ll walk in my race!
- Help! How do I do a snot rocket?
- Best workouts to keep me from qualifying for AG Nats!
- Tri kit & bike color coordination tips
- PSA – Car drivers hate cyclists
- Why doesn’t my OWS have a black line to follow?
- Bike speed: Need tips to increase from 20.1 MPH to 20.2 MPH
- Battle scars – show me your road rash
Surely there are some other topics that you likely won’t see, but should. What are your thoughts?