I’m a pretty inquisitive guy. I ask a lot of questions. Sometimes that is a good thing (like when I’m at work). Sometimes it can be irritating (like when I ask my wife why she’s doing something a particular way). I just can’t help it.
I think curiosity breeds interest. It adds flavor to life. It helps us understand ourselves. Why we do things. Who we are.
Unfortunately, though, I don’t have all the answers. Even the almighty (Google) doesn’t have all the answers. Wikipedia might, but I’m not sure.
It seems that I always have questions bouncing around in my head. So today, I thought I’d share them with you. Maybe you have answers. Maybe not. Laugh at them. Agree with them. Dismiss them as folly.
Why is it……..?
- That working out feels so dang good?
- That I feel like a slug if I don’t do something each day?
- That I feel like a hamster when I’m cycling on my trainer. Or running on my treadmill?
- That I can never clean all of the spilled gel off my bike?
- That the last bit of race number sticker tape won’t come off my helmet?
- That goggles always leave raccoon eyes?
- That Girl Scout cookies only come out once per year?
- That chlorine makes my back so itchy?
- That my hands and feet get so cold while I’m running in the winter?
- That I enjoy talking to others about how they got their start in triathlon?
- That there are days (like today) where I want to stand with my arms spread wide soaking up the Sun like Timothy Green?
- That I no longer can run fast?
- That air leaks out of my bike tires when I don’t ride?
- That I’m supposed to act more mature the older I get?
- That it completely grosses me out when I swim into floating hair. Or Band-Aids.
- That I always try to chase down the cyclists I see in front of me – even if I know they are faster than me
- That I love bib shorts?
- That airlines charge so much to ship a bike?
- That it continues to amaze me how folks can monumentally stupid decisions in life?
- That cancer exists?
- That snakes scare the hell out of me? Even dead ones?
- That I love going really fast on my bike?
- That I don’t get too scared when cars pass too close to me when I’m cycling (usually)?
- That I’m envious of folks who can swim/bike/run faster than me?
- That I can’t do a flip turn?
- That people who all worship the same God are so violently hateful of each other?
- That Oreos taste so good but are so bad for you?
- That only restaurants in the South sell sweet tea?
- That music that sounded so good 30 years ago doesn’t always sound so good today?
- That my bike saddle points a few millimeters to the right of center, no matter how often I try to correct it?
- That some running visors feel like they are squeezing my head so tightly it might pop?
What about you? What are your unanswered questions?