You may have seen some of the viral videos going around about “Sh@#” so & so says. There’s one out there about cyclists. Professional triathlete Melanie McQuaid made one about triathletes (see here).
While watching Melanie’s video, I was literally laughing out loud. So much of what she included is in almost every triathlete’s lexicon….
- “I’m so tired”
- “I think that’s a PR”
- “I’ve been working on my nutrition strategy”
- “I don’t do IM” (as in individual medley in the pool)
Those are just a few examples of little tidbits that we triathletes often say. The video got me thinking. Surely there are TONS more things that we are well known for saying. I thought I’d capture a few:
- I can’t do flip-turns
- Today is my rest day
- I only exercise so I can eat what I want
- I’m training in zone 3 today
- Today is my hard day
- Critique my form
- What is the fastest wheel out there?
- Should I shave my legs?
- Should I get an m-Dot tattoo?
- Should I use the wetsuit strippers?
- You’re not a real athlete if you walk any of the marathon
- I need to log that workout
- My aero helmet will reduce drag during my bike, so I’ll go faster
- What kind of lube do you use?
- I’m a minimalist runner
- No, they are arm coolers, not arm warmers
- Where can I get a good training plan?
Again, I’m sure that there are literally tons and tons of other things we triathletes say and are well known for. What have I missed?