>Some random stuff…
- My triathlon season is over, but not my 2010 season. This coming weekend starts 1/2 marathon season! I’ll be competing in the Marine Corps half marathon this Saturday in Jacksonville. Looking forward to rocking the Trakkers’ green!
- Completed a long run of 12 miles on Saturday morning. Like many, I am SO OVER the heat and humidity. I lost > 5 pounds from sweat during my run. I tried to re-hydrate all day and night, but it was Sunday before I felt like I was back to normal.
- Check out the video below. A friend posted this on Facebook today – the guy in the video is racing IMFL, and raising money for a pregnancy center in eastern North Carolina. He’s on a quest to raise $70,000…a quarter at a time. He’s asking for donations of $0.25 per mile he completes ($35) from 2000 people. Once you review the video, won’t you consider donating?
- One of the coolest things this year is that I’ve been a member of Team Trakkers. I’ve been very honored to represent this great company. If you’d like to be a part of Team Trakkers in 2011, check out this link to find an application.
- I’ve been thinking recently about our sport and the relative safety of participation. More to come on this later on this week…
- Working on two really great “Ten Questions With…” interviews. One with a male professional triathlete who just happened to do really well at this past weekend’s USAT Elite Championships, and another with a wonderful sports nutrition company. Look for these over the next couple of weeks.
|Rev3 Cedar Point. Should I do the Half Rev or Full Rev?|
|Marineland Olympic Triathlon|
|Gate River Run (Jacksonville) – 15K|
|Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon|