Some various and random thoughts…
· I haven’t had a pair of racing flats since I was in high school (back in the dark ages…the 1980’s). Back then I raced in Asics flats – I don’t remember the make or model, but they were white and gold and black. Yesterday, courtesy of Saucony, I got a pair of racing flats. I’m totally pumped. My new pair of Fastwitch 4’s are bright yellow with tiger stripes on them. They weigh about as much as a feather and they are big time comfy. Heck, they even look fast! Hopefully they make me feel like I run faster! I can’t wait to wear them officially in a race.
· I’ve written previously about the stresses I’ve been facing with trying to train due to work-related travel. Well, my stresses are about to get worse. Over the next two months or so, I’ll be on the road almost weekly. The good news is that I’ll be going to Kansas City – the last time I was there, I found a really good community pool where I can swim. Obviously, I can run anywhere (almost). The bad news (aside from missing my wife & family) is that it will be really difficult for me to do any bike training. I guess it could be worse – I could be out of work or going to a place where I wasn’t safe to do any training. I’ll just have to adapt and overcome.
· When is the appropriate time for a guy to decide to shave his head? How does one know if he has crossed over the comb-over threshold? At what point does a receding hairline fall back to the point of no return? These are important questions to a guy in his early 40’s.
· Spring is fantastic. I really love it. Daytime temps in the 80’s and lows in the 50’s or 60’s. Can’t beat it – especially in Florida, where Spring is among the sunnier of the months of the year.
· Currently on my iPod: Zac Brown Band. Buffett. Guns n Roses. The Police. Cravin’ Mellon. Third Day. Indigo Girls. Yep – I have eclectic musical tastes.
· To aero helmet or not?
· I procrastinate. Very well, indeed. This causes problems. I’ll try to fix this issue…tomorrow
· Why is water that is being dispensed from a sprinkler system invisible? And why is it always aimed at the sidewalk or road?
Thanks for reading! Have a great day.