OK. I have hit the “big time”. I got “tagged” by another blogger (thanks, Anne) to write about 10 things that make me happy. So, here goes:
- long walks on the beach
- cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudel
…oh…wait…wrong list! Doh!
All right. Now that my skeleton is out of the closet (um…not exactly what I meant to say), I’ll try to come up with a real list. At the risk of listing a bunch of stuff that you’ll read and basically say, “WTF? Who cares?” here goes:
- Popcorn. Love it. Been lovin’ it since I was about 4. My dad ate it all the time and it became a family tradition.
- Buffalo wings. I just got a fryer for Christmas, and have really enjoyed experimenting with sauce flavors. Plus, the good times that come with cooking and eating these things are typically outstanding.
- Camping. Nothing like kicking back in the woods with a tent, a campfire, and relaxing. Not that I’m roughing it when I camp. Think electricity, running water, bathrooms, great food, etc. Florida State Parks rock!
- Redneck yard games. OK…they aren’t really redneck, but playing bocce, ladder golf, ring toss, or corn hole are tremendous fun, a great way to blow an afternoon, and a great excuse to imbibe on a few (or several) malted hops and barley beverages.
- Heat & humidity. (What? What the hell is he thinking writing that?) OK. Not many folks can honestly say they love it hot and humid. I do. I like it when it’s 95° F and 90% humidity. OK…I live in Florida, so I better like that. It’s like that about 9 months out of the year.
- Chips Ahoy Cookies, Oreos, Chocolate ice cream. ‘nuf said.
- Watching sports. I enjoy watching almost all sports (duh – I’m a guy). Curling to Jai Alai. Cricket to Bob Sledding. Lacrosse to Football. Especially football. Pro or college. Basketball rocks too (but only if it’s the Tar Heels). I don’t really like golf or auto racing, but it could be argued that neither is really a “sport”.
- Music. Goes back to my days of being a DJ in college. I love tunes. I have eclectic music tastes, but now I’m forced to listen to Top 40 because of my kids (oh…the horror! Turn off the Jay Z! No more Britney! Who is Hannah Montana?)
- Crocs. Yes, most people hate them. I have a pair of knock off bright yellow Crocs, stamped with the Corona logo on them. Not sure why I like them so much. They are comfy. They are obnoxious. They are about beer. It’s a trifecta! Maybe that’s why I like them so.
- Movies. I dig watching movies. Action, comedy, thriller, drama. They’re all good. Not into horror flicks any more (too predictable). I just saw The Hangover this past weekend. Funniest movie I’ve seen in years. If you haven’t seen it, you MUST rent it!
Part of this “tagged” deal is that I’m supposed to tag 10 other bloggers so they can list out their 10 things that make them happy. Unfortunately, in this Venn diagram of the blog world, I only follow a handful of folks who haven’t already been tagged (I’m late to this party, I guess). So…I’m only tagging 5 people. I’m sure that since I’m breaking the code, some evil Gypsy will cast a spell against me and my family, but that’s a risk I’m willing to take.
Without further ado, here’s who I’m tagging:
IronBob @ One Hour Ironman
Sara @ Rookie on the Run
Mel @ Second Chances
Megan @ in training
The Running Girl @ My Training Adventures