In reading through tri-related websites today while eating lunch, saw some really funny lists of ways you can tell if a person is a triathlete. So many of these are true (and probably apply to me as well). See how many apply to you!
A person might be a triathlete if they:
· Wear open water (big) goggles
· Are doing sighting practices while swimming
· Wear a wetsuit or speedsuit in the pool
· Refuse to do flip turns (I couldn’t do a flip turn if my life counted on it)
· Drag a massive amount of equipment to the pool with them (buoy, flippers, kick board, strap, snorkel, H20 iPod, etc) – (yep, that’s me, just without the waterproof iPod)
· Go extremely fast on pull sets, but glacier slow on kick sets (this is SO me!)
· Ride a bike with aero bars (duh)
· Take really long pulls at the front of group rides
· Have gels taped to their top tube
· Don’t wear gloves
· Have weird tri-top tan lines
· Can’t handle their bike well
· Wear a sleeveless jersey with arm “coolers” or “warmers” depending upon the season
· Wear an aero helmet
· Wear compression socks or sleeves while running
· Seem to always have an ice-sponge stuck into their shirt
It’s still cold here in Jax. Nightly lows are still going below freezing. I have decided I don’t like the cold. I’m bored with my treadmill, but I’m too much of a sissy to go out and run in the cold. Luckily, it will be in the 70’s this weekend. I’ll finally do some running outside – a first for 2010!
I’m still doing the Medicine Ball 200 workout. It’s still killing me.