After lots of thinking, logistical planning, and balancing against kids’ sports schedules, family vacation plans, and my wife starting her triathlon career this summer, below is my “most likely” 2010 race schedule.
Two “A” races – Rev 3 Knoxville & Atlantic Coast Tri. Both half-iron distances
Two volunteer gigs – Florida 70.3 (to watch friends Jeff and Martin. This will be Martin’s first 70.3 race) and IMFL (to secure an entry spot for 2011 race)
One AWESOME charity ride – the MS Cycle to the Shore. This will be my 6th year in a row riding and raising money for MS research.
1) Waldo Winter Du (2/7/2010). R-10k; B-40k; R 5k. Waldo, FL
2) Beaches Fine Arts Du (3/21/2010). R-2m; B-14m; R-2m. Ponte Vedra, FL
3) Marineland Olympic Tri (4/18/2010). S-1.5k; B-40k; R-10k. Marineland, FL
4) Half Rev Tri (5/9/2010). S-1.2m; B-56m; R-13.1m. Knoxville, TN
5) Ironman 70.3 Florida (5/16/2010). Volunteer!
6) Hammerhead Ocean Marathon (7/31/2010). S-2.5m. Jacksonville Beach, FL
7) MS Cycle to the Shore (10/2-3/2010). B-185m. St. Augustine to Daytona Beach & Back
8) Atlantic Coast Tri (10/17/2010). S-1.2m; B-56m; R-13.1m. Amelia Island, FL
9) Ironman Florida (11/6/2010). go Volunteer!!! Sign up for IMFL 2011!
10) Outback Distance Classic (11/25/2010). R-13.1. Jacksonville, FL